About the Africa Gospel Church
About the Africa Gospel Church
The Africa Gospel Church is a Kenyan based network of over 1,500 congregations. The church traces its roots back to the work of missionaries from World Gospel Mission starting in 1932. AGC has grown to be the sponsor of Tenwek Hospital, Kenya Highlands Evangelical University , Kabason Pastors School, the Olderkesi Ministry Training Institute, and many high schools and primary schools among other ministries and community development projects.
The church has been self-governing since the early 1970s, and has seem remarkable growth and development into urban areas as well as sending its own missionaries to remote areas and unreached tribes in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Sudan.
The Purpose of the AGC
Our purposes are really quite simple. Our mission is to:
- Disciple and train our members to be active, committed, action oriented disciples of Christ
- To spread the Gospel where Jesus is not well known
- To encourage sound teaching from the basis of an extremely high view of the Word of God, and to especially encourage our members to live lives along the pattern of Jesus and to experience and express God's holiness in their daily lives.
- To put our faith into action in practical ways in our society, being salt and light and addressing pressing social ills with the positive message of faith in Christ.
What We Believe
The Africa Gospel Church believes:
- That both Old and New Testaments constitute the divinely inspired Word of God, inerrant in the originals, and the final authority for life and faith.
- That there is one God, eternally existent in the Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit, each with personality and deity.
- That the Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, manifested in the flesh through the virgin birth, died on Calvary for the redemption of the human family, all of whom may be saved from sin through faith in Him.
- That man, although created by God in His own image and likeness, fell into sin through disobedience and “so death passed upon all men, for all have sinned,” (Romans 5:12).
- In the salvation of the human soul, including the new birth; and in a subsequent work of God in the soul, a crisis, wrought by faith, whereby the heart is cleansed from all sin and filled with the Holy Spirit. This gracious experience is retained by faith as expressed in a constant obedience to God’s revealed will, thus giving us perfect cleansing moment by moment. (I John 1:7-9).
- That the Church is the body of Christ; that all who are united by faith to Christ are members of the same; and that, having thus become members of one another, it is our solemn covenant duty to fellowship with one another in peace, and to love one another with pure and fervent hearts.
- That our Lord Jesus Christ in His literal resurrection from the dead is the living guarantee of the resurrection of all human beings; the believing saved to conscious eternal joy, and the unbelieving lost to conscious eternal punishment.
- That our Lord Jesus Christ, in fulfillment of His own promise, both angelically and apostolically attested, will personally return in power and great glory.